READING SECTION - INCOMPLETE DIALOG I



T O 2017

16. Terry            : If you like, I can bring something for you.
      Bianka          : ... I think I need a cup of hot tea, please.
A.      Can you help me?                                               C. That’s very kind of you
B.    Yes, you are welcome                                        D. What can I do for you?

17. Desy             : I can’t believe that the toilet is out of order.
      Manager       : … I’ll send the plumber right away.
A.    I can fix the toilet soon.                                       C. Really sorry for the inconvenience.
B.    Can you write me an e-mail?                              D. Does it make any trouble with you?

18. Fizha            : Hi. What’s up, Nina?
     Nina              : I don’t feel well. I think I’ve got the flu.
     Fizha            : ... You need to take a rest.
A.     You should keep on working.                              C.  You’d better focus to your current job.
B.     You can go home and go to bed.                        D.  You can continue studying the lessons.

19. Indah            : We’d better prepare ourselves for the next exam, right?
      Opie             : … Besides, we have to submit the assignment next week.
A.    I don’t agree.                                                        C. I don’t think so.
B.    I am against it.                                                     D. I am on your side.

20. Fera              : Didn’t you think the last apartment was too small?
      Hilda             : Considering its good location, ....
A.     I believe I’ll take it                                                C. The last one is the best
B.     I have no idea about it                                         D. I think we have to find other

21. Arie               : Why doesn’t the TV set work?
      Dina              : Are you sure? ...?
A.     Has it done yet                                                    C. Will it be turned on
B.     Is it plugged in                                                      D. Had it been changed

22. Receptionist : Good morning. Premium Hospital.
      Gunardi           : …
      Receptionist : Sure. It’s from 09.00 to 02.00 PM. You have to make an appointment first.
A.    Can I talk to Dr. Irwan, please?                           C.  I’d like to know Dr. Irwan’s schedule.
B.    May I ask him when he will arrive?                     D.  I want to cancel my reservation, please.

23. Mira              : I am going to enroll this community college next spring.
     Dedy            : Oh? I didn’t know you wanted to go back to school.
     Mira              : I need to sharpen my knowledge so....
A.     I’ll take a course in word processing                   C.  I had prepared everything I need
B.     I was planning to study computer                       D.  I joined the community college



24. Father        : I don’t see the children here. Where are they now?
      Mother       : ….
      Father        : I see. When will they be back?                   
A. They were visiting their uncle.                                C.  They will be at school the whole day.
B. They studied English at a course.                          D. They’re in the park watching an exhibition.

25. Erika          : Who recommended designing the production process?
      Wira           : .... He is used to doing it.
A.  The manager did                                                    C. The supervisor has read it
B.  The supervisor will                                                  D. The manager said it was handled

26. Mary          : Tell me, what are you fond of, Jane?
     Jane          :  … I got them from some letters I received.
A.  I love selling pens.                                                  C. I enjoy writing health articles.
B.  I like collecting stamps.                                          D. I care about reading the paper.





Komentar