READING SECTION - SHORT DIALOG 2



PART VI. Directions:  Questions 25 – 27 are based on a selection of text dialogs. Choose the one best answer, (A), (B), (C), or (D), to each question. Answer all the questions following each text dialog on the basis of what is stated or implied in the selection. Then, on your answer sheet, find the number of the question and mark your answer.

Questions 25 – 27 are based on the following text dialogue.
Badrun                 : We're going camping near Mt. Rainier this weekend. What are you doing? 
Thomas               : Nothing. I'll just stay home.
Badrun                 : Why don’t you come along with us?
Thomas               : But, I don't have any camping equipment.
Badrun                 : Don't worry. We'll let you use ours.
Thomas               : Are you sure it won't be an inconvenience for you?
Badrun                 : No, not at all. We'd love your company.
Thomas               : Do you think it's going to rain?
Badrun                 : It's not supposed to, but bring a rain jacket just in case.
                                We'll pick you up at 5:00 a.m. Saturday morning.  Can you be ready?


25. Badrun suggest Thomas to join him because ....
A.  Thomas doesn’t like camping
B.  Thomas has no planning to do
C.  Badrun knows good places to go
D.  Badrun is fond of outdoor activities

26. What will Thomas probably do next?
A.  Be ready to convince his friends.
B.  Pick Badrun up in the morning.
C.  Be prepared for the event.
D.  Buy camping equipment.

27. “We’d love your company.” (line 7)
       The underlined word is closest in meaning to ….
A.  presence
B.  business
C.  guest
D.  firm

Questions 28 – 30 are based on the following text dialogue.
Tom     : Do you travel a lot on your job, George?
George: Yes, quite a lot. I go to Australia three or four times a year. And I make a couple
  of trips to Japan, also.
Tom     : What do you do?
George: Well, I’m with a drug company. I’m in the marketing department.
Tom     : And what does that involve?
George: I look in on factories, and show some of our new products.
Tom     : I see.


28. What is the dialogue mainly about?
              A.Someone’s employment.
              B. Someone’s daily trip.
              C. Traveling abroad.
                      D. Doing business.
  
29. What is one of George’stasks?
              A.Make some tours to other countries.
              B.Promote his company’s products.
              C.Advertise Australia and Japan.
              D.Register a lot of new drugs.

30. “I look in on factories ...” (sentence 9)
      The underlined expression is closest in meaning to ....
              A.lead
              B.visit
              C.build
              D.manage


Questions 31 – 32 are based on the following text dialogue.
Pandu  : Did you know that I’ve been transferred?
Shinta  : No! Where to?
Pandu  : To the Easton plant. I’ve been made  head of Purchasing.
Shinta  : That must be great. You really deserve it.
Pandu  : Perhaps you are right. But I find it too far from my place.
Shinta  : It’s not a big deal. You can just rent a house in the meanwhile.
31. What are the speakers discussing?
           A. Shinta’s daily activities
                 B. Someone’s new job position
                 C. Someone’s plan to buy a house
                 D. Pandu’s past working experiences

32. What does Shinta feel about Pandu’s recent appointment?
                 A. She dislikes it
                 B. She supports it
                 C. She wants to take it
           D. She plans to change it

Komentar

Posting Komentar