READING SECTION - INCOMPLETE DIALOG III


    UN 2018

      16.  Sandy   : Tomorrow  afternoon  my  sister  will have a birthday party....?
             Elly       : Well, I don’t think I can. Tomorrow my parents  will  go  to  Jakarta  and  I                must stay at home.
             Sandy   : It’s ok. Never mind.
                    A.  May I ask you about it
                    B.  Can you go by yourself
                    C.  Would you like to come
                    D.  What are you doing tomorrow

     17.  Operator       : Sasando Hotel 821150, hello?
            Mr. William  : Good morning. ... to Mr. Pieter, the marketing manager?
                   A.  Should I talk
                   B.  Can you ring out
                   C.  May I connect you
                   D.  Could you put me through

     18.  Diane   : What do you like most here in this city?
            Mary    : Well,.... There’s so much to see.
                  A.  I enjoy going shopping quite a lot
                  B.  I’m very fond of the food
                  C.  I love the steak very much
                  D.  I really like hot weather

     19.  Director  : Has  our  company  prepared  some events to commemorate the independence day                                next month?
            Manager : Not yet,....
                 A.  We’ll  still  have  to  meet  to  decide  the  programs
                 B.  We are going to hold some sports competitions
                 C.  We’ve already celebrated the day with great events
                 D.  We will start the ceremony at 8 o’clock in the morning

     20.  Lusi   : Excuse me,... the bus station please?
            Ina    :  Okay,  follow  this  way,  turn  right  and then turn left. It is on your left.
            Lusi   : Thanks.
                A.  How far is it to
                B.  Where is the location of
                C.  How long does it take to
                D.  Could you tell me the way to

     21. Mrs. Thomas   :  I’ve just witnessed an     accident. It was a hit and run.
           Police Officer  : Can you describe the car?
           Mrs. Thomas   : Well,..., I think.
               A.  it’s green with buttons down the front
               B.  it’s a two storey one with air-conditioning
               C.  it’s a small blue Japanese one with two doors
               D.  it’s an expensive one with a wheel at the back

     22.  Lanny   : Please be quiet!
            Rhein   : What’s up?
            Lanny   : ....
               A.  The certificates were being given
               B.  The people are very busy right now
               C.  The children were sleeping soundly
               D.  The students are having an examination

     23. Simon    : Why didn’t you come to the seminar yesterday?
           Joanna   : What seminar was it?
           Simon    : It was about new business strategies. Didn’t Carol send you the invitation?
           Joanna   : No,....
              A.  I would have called her if I had come
              B.  I would have asked her if I had received it
              C.  I would have come if she had told me about it
              D.  I would have sent it to her if she had asked me

    24.  Amin       : I’m sorry for being late. My car broke down on my way here.
           Mr. Budi  : ....
           Amin        : Thanks for your advice. I’ll do that.
             A.  You should call a taxi
             B.  My driver can help you
             C.  I think I will send you a driver
             D.  You’d better have it checked regularly

    25.  Lia        : How can I be admitted to the English club?
           Afifah   : After  completing  the  registration form, ....
           Lia        : Do you know how much?
            A.  you’ll be asked to read three magazines
            B.  you may be asked to pay membership fee
            C.  you’ll be required to quit other memberships
            D.  you’ll be allowed to borrow books

Komentar